The benefits of basil
Apart from being an exceptional condiment, its properties make it very beneficial for our health:
- It stops fever and fights colds
In cases of high fever, it is recommended to boil basil leaves with cardamom and drink it as an infusion.
- Relieves cough and asthma
- Basil is an active ingredient in cough and bronchitis syrups. To make a homemade one you can boil its leaves in water and drink it. For a sore throat, gargling with this boiled water will also work.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Its chemicals promote the body’s production of antibodies that fight infection.
- It can eliminate bad breath and fight oral diseases
- Some home remedies claim that letting it dry and brushing your teeth with basil solves many oral problems.
- Kidney function
- Helps the kidneys to function properly.
- Helps digestion
- Basil tea can treat stomach problems such as constipation, heartburn and heavy digestion.
- Relieves headaches It acts as a muscle relaxant and anti-inflammatory.